The Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Program Manager will manage the statewide PTAC, under the direction of the Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network CEO and senior leadership team to manage program activities based on the Network’s mission and strategic plan. This position will coordinate a team of approximately 20 Government Contracting Consultants throughout the state. This is a contract position contingent on contract performance and continued funding from the DLA and the state allocation through Florida SBDC.
The PTAC Program Manager must have strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with other Government Contracting team members, leadership and stakeholders. They also must demonstrate extensive knowledge in federal, state and/or local government contracting policies and procedures, and marketing to government agencies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of government contracting professionals who assist small businesses with government contracting as a growth strategy.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the statewide PTAC / Government Contracting Services program, including: development of tools and instructional guides for both Florida small businesses and network internal processes.
- Facilitate statewide best practices and relationship management with external parties.
- Develop educational materials and present educational programs for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work directly with Consultants assisting small business clients with government contracting.
- Participate in external government contracting organizations and keep abreast of government contracting best practices and trends.
- Develop, deliver and manage program services according to Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) contract requirements and internal SBDC Network policies and procedures.
- Define, develop and maintain appropriate management information systems and administrative processes to satisfy program and federal program documentation and reporting requirements.
- Develop and submit quarterly reports and annual program proposals to the DLA.
- Manage the program budget and achievement of assigned goals and ensures compliance with standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the hiring and training of Government Contracting consultants.
- Maintain high-level contact with prime contractors, government procurement agencies, resource organizations and associations, other Procurement Technical Assistance Programs, Chambers of Commerce, economic development entities, and other stakeholders.
- Survey clients to ensure quality and inclusiveness of service delivery.
- Facilitate communication among the team regarding the current status of program goals and establishes accountability for goal achievement.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Florida SBDC leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
- Experience of 5 or more years in business management or business consulting can compensate for educational degree requirement.
- Significant knowledge of entrepreneurship, small-business management and operations, business financing, financial analysis and accounting, marketing, market research, human resource management.
- Professionally recognized certifications in a related field.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Experience in a federal, state or local government contracting / purchasing position.
- Experience as a federal, state or local government prime or sub-contractor, particular in relation to applying and performing on contracts.
- Experience assisting small businesses.
The preferred response date is August 14, 2020; however, the position will be open until filled.
For more details and to apply, click here.