Government Contracting Services
Offered Through The
Florida APEX Accelerator
This APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense.
The U.S. government is the largest purchaser of goods and services in the world, and every year, contracts are available to businesses at the local, state, and federal level.
As a small business interested in pursuing government contracts, it can be overwhelming to navigate this process alone. Working with your local Florida APEX Accelerator can help give your business an advantage.
Our government contracting consulting, training, and information services are available at no cost to Florida businesses, large or small, that possess the interest and potential to perform work — as a prime contractor or a subcontractor — for federal, state or local government agencies.
Our government contracting consultants provide high-value confidential one-on-one consulting, at no cost, to help Florida businesses research and bid on government contracts. Our consultants are knowledgeable, experienced and eager to assist you in making selling to the government less complicated and more profitable.
One-on-one confidential consulting services
- Determining suitability for government contracting
- Understanding the language and basics of contracting
- Securing necessary federal, state, and local government registrations
- Assistance in applying for small business programs including agency certified programs (SDVOSB, 8(a), HUBZone) and self-certifying programs (SDB, EDWOSB, MBE), and more
- Connecting with government buyers and prime contractors
- Identifying proposal and bid opportunities
- Developing a customized profile on automated bid match service
- Reviewing solicitations, proposal documents, and making recommendations
- Small Business (SB) Innovative Research (SBIR) / SB Technology Transfer (STTR)
- Training and awareness on cybersecurity, risks of foreign ownership, control and influence, and intellectual and property protection.
Workshops & Networking Events
Government contracting consultants strive to bring the most relevant and informative workshops and training opportunities to help navigate the government procurement process and identify the critical steps in winning government contracts. Our classes cover a wide range of government contracting topics at the federal, state, and local government levels, and are taught by industry experts who have many years of government contracting experience. Nominal fees may apply for some workshops and events.
In addition, we sponsor government contracting and matchmaker events to connect business owners with agency buying officers and prime contractors.
- Introduction to Government Contracting
- General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules
- Small Business Registrations (8(a), Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, HubZone)
- Proposal and Bid Writing Tips and Techniques
- Marketing to the Government
- Finding Government Contracting Opportunities
- and many others
Information & Resources
Florida Government Contracting Consultants help you find information related to government contracts, including federal and military specifications and standards, commercial and data item descriptions, and agency procurement histories and forecasts.
Access to valuable information, at no cost
- Disaster relief contracting – www.APTAC-US.org
- Florida Hurricane and Disaster Quick-Link Reference Sheet
- Florida Disaster Recovery Contracting Information Guide
- Federal, state, and local government agency registration and certification documents
- System for Award Management (SAM) support
- My Florida Marketplace registration
- Marketing to government agency resources
- Government agency procurement histories and forecasts
- Statistical business information
- Competitive and market assessment information
- Federal, state and local acquisition regulations
- Requests for proposals, solicitations, and bid documents
Start finding resources and answers by visiting our Frequently Asked Questions.
There is NEVER a fee to register as a government contractor, including SAM registration.
We provide no-cost assistance to get you through the process. Learn more here:
Learn more about how the Florida APEX Accelerator government contracting services