Magellan Transport Logistics is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters and a logistics control tower located in Jacksonville, Florida. Magellan and their “No Shipment Left Behind” culture was founded by Tom Piatak in 2006. Tom graduated from West Point in 1987 and served with the combat engineers during Operation Desert Storm.
Magellan quickly became a leader in supporting the vast transportation needs their clients by recruiting some of the most talented leaders and logistics professionals in the industry—20% of their employees are U.S. Military Veterans. With best in class service, driven by a team of people dedicated to an unsurpassed commitment to excellence, Magellan Transport Logistics offers a complete logistics solution to their customers’ transportation needs. Their services include local and long-distance trucking, LTL, intermodal, air freight, warehousing, and supply chain management.
Recognizing that many government agencies purchase freight transportation services, Justin Kane, Magellan’s Director of Strategic Capture, contacted Don Zavesky, a Procurement Specialist at the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at the University of North Florida (UNF), to explore potential sales opportunities in the government marketplace.
Don has supported Justin in the company’s pursuit of government contracts and has been able to assist in his business development efforts. Since starting his business relationship with the Florida PTAC at UNF, the company’s achievements have included:
- Completing the System for Award Management (SAM) registration
- Receiving a VA Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certification
- Identifying and connecting with government decision-makers
- Receiving multiple government contract awards
- Enrolling in the Florida PTAC Bid Matching service
The Florida PTAC at the University of North Florida is honored to be partners with the entire team at Magellan Transport Logistics. This is another great example of how, as a team, together with Florida business owners, we can make a positive impact in the community—one business at a time.
- Magellan conducts small business discussions with U.S. Senator, Congressman, and Jacksonville Mayor: https://youtu.be/qHwlitIMYUY
- Magellan receives U.S. Senate “Small Business of the Week” recognition: https://youtu.be/-gTZvzgD150
- Magellan wins the Jacksonville Business Journal’s “Coolest Office Space” 2019 award
- Magellan deploys shuttle truck operations in support of FEMA emergency response and disaster recovery operations
"Don is our go-to guy for government contracting questions, a wealth of knowledge, and an extension of the Magellan Government Capture team."
- Justin Kane, Director of Strategic Capture - Magellan Transport Logistics